Pros and Cons of a Liquid Facelift
A liquid facelift, performed through a combination of injectable treatments, has become an effective way to reverse signs of aging without surgery. The procedure can address multiple concerns in a single treatment session, without excessive discomfort or downtime. While a liquid facelift can be an effective treatment for some, it is not the right choice for everyone. Check out these pros and cons of a liquid facelift to decide if the procedure is a good option for you.
Liquid Facelift Pros
There are numerous benefits to a liquid facelift:
- Injections can be customized to the unique needs and desired outcome of each patient
- Injectable treatments are relatively quick and require no anesthesia
- Procedure is considerably less risky than surgical procedures
- Patients can return to regular activities as soon as the procedure is over
- Offers relatively dramatic results without incisions, anesthesia or a recovery period
Liquid Facelift Cons
While there are many positives associated with a liquid facelift, there are some drawbacks to consider as well:
- Procedure is not effective in addressing more advanced signs of aging
- Cannot effectively reverse skin laxity that commonly occurs over time
- Not recommended for patients with an allergy to a substance in the formulations
- Patients with a fear of needles may not want multiple injections at one time
- Results of the procedure are temporary and must be repeated to maintain results
Choosing between Injectables and Surgery
If you are trying to make the choice between injectable treatments and a surgical procedure like a facelift, there are a few factors to consider. First, injections will not effectively address more advanced signs of aging, particularly loose skin that is causing jowling around the jawline. If loose skin is a significant concern, surgery may provide more satisfying results.
Second, a liquid facelift is a temporary solution to a long-lasting problem, which means regular treatments will need to be scheduled to maintain positive results. For some patients, injections every few months are a small price to pay to maintain a more youthful appearance. For others, regular treatments may prove inconvenient or too costly, making a surgical solution a much more viable option.
If you are unsure whether injectable treatments or surgical procedures will give you the results you want, we can help. At Ocean Plastic Surgery and Laser Center, we work with each of our patients to help them determine which treatments will meet their expectations best. As experienced professionals in both injectable treatments and surgical lifts, you can rest assured the procedure you choose will be handled safely and successfully. To learn more, contact Ocean Plastic Surgery and Laser Center at (732) 255-7155.